Bachelors of Science
2013 Nanjing University
Doctor of Philosophy
2018 University of Michigan
About this team member
Junjie (JJ) received a B.S. in chemistry from Nanjing University, China in June 2013. In NJU, he was involved in bio-analytical and fluorescent probe development projects. He came to Michigan chemistry department as a chembio graduate student in the summer of 2013 and joined Banaszak Holl’s lab in May 2014. JJ’s initial project focused on the interaction of folate binding protein with folic acid, folic acid conjugates, and antifolates. He also worked as part of a team translating the results to an in vivo drug delivery study. JJ’s final project was studying the structure of the anterior cruciate ligament and mechanisms of ligament failure.
Besides science, he also loves classical music, history and travelling.
JJ is currently at GSK in Pennsylvania.
- An Anterior Cruciate Ligament Failure Mechanism American Journal of Sports Medicine 2019 47 2067-2076
- Coiled-Coil-Mediated Assembly of an Icosahedral Protein Cage with Extremely High Thermal and Chemical Stability Journal of the American Chemical Society 2019 141 9207-9216
- Folate-Binding Protein Self-Aggregation Drives Agglomeration of Folic Acid Targeted Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Bioconjugate Chemistry 2017 28 81-87
- Folate binding protein: Therapeutic natural nanotechnology for folic acid, methotrexate, and leucovorin Nanoscale 2017 9 2603-2615
- Dendrimer and dendrimer-conjugate protein complexes and protein coronas Canadian Journal of Chemistry 2017 95 903-906
- Conjugation Dependent Interaction of Folic Acid with Folate Binding Protein Bioconjugate Chemistry 2017 28 2350-2360
- The Relationship of Collagen Structural and Compositional Heterogeneity to Tissue Mechanical Properties: A Chemical Perspective ACS Nano 2017 11 10665-10671
- Substrate-Triggered Exosite Binding: Synergistic Dendrimer/Folic Acid Action for Achieving Specific, Tight-Binding to Folate Binding Protein Biomacromolecules 2016 17 922-927
- Cationic Polymer Intercalation into the Lipid Membrane Enables Intact Polyplex DNA Escape from Endosomes for Gene Delivery Molecular Pharmaceutics 2016 13 1967-1978
- Folate binding protein-Outlook for drug delivery applications Chinese Chemical Letters 2015 26 426-430