Bachelor of Science
University of Pittsburgh, 2010
Doctor of Philosophy
University of Michigan, 2015
About this team member
Casey received a B.S. in Chemistry and minor in Mathematics from the University of Pittsburgh in May 2010. At Pittsburgh, she was involved in genetics, bio-analytical, and polymer coating research projects. She entered Michigan’s chemistry graduate program in the fall of 2010 to study Materials-Organic Chemistry. Casey joined the Banaszak Holl group in 2011, and her work focuses on the synthesis and characterization of fluorescent dendrimers and their applications.
Casey won the chemistry department’s 2013 American Chemical Society outstanding graduate student award for research and teaching.
She was a post-doctoral associate in the group of Hao Hong in the University of Michigan radiology department and in the group of Neil Marsh at UM chemistry.
Casey is now an assistant professor at Iona College.
- Tailoring dendrimer conjugates for biomedical applications: the impact of altering hydrophobicity Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2018 20 284
- Rapid Exchange Between Free and Bound States in RNA-Dendrimer Polyplexes: Implications on the Mechanism of Delivery and Release Biomacromolecules 2016 17 154-164
- Substrate-Triggered Exosite Binding: Synergistic Dendrimer/Folic Acid Action for Achieving Specific, Tight-Binding to Folate Binding Protein Biomacromolecules 2016 17 922-927
- Increase in Dye:Dendrimer Ratio Decreases Cellular Uptake of Neutral Dendrimers in RAW Cells ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering 2016 2 1540-1545
- Fluorophore:Dendrimer Ratio Impacts Cellular Uptake and Intracellular Fluorescence Lifetime Bioconjugate Chemistry 2015 26 304-315
- Quantitative Measurement of Cationic Polymer Vector and Polymer-pDNA Polyplex Intercalation into the Cell Plasma Membrane ACS Nano 2015 9 6097-6109
- Generation 3 PAMAM Dendrimer TAMRA Conjugates Containing Precise Dye/Dendrimer Ratios Materials Today Communications 2015 4 86-92
- Isolation and Characterization of Precise Dye/Dendrimer Ratios Chemistry a European Journal 2014 20 4638-4645
- Avidity Mechanism of Dendrimer-Folic Acid Conjugates Molecular Pharmaceutics 2014 11 1696-1706
- Multivalent Polymers for Drug Delivery and Imaging: The Challenges of Conjugation Biomacromolecules 2014 15 3215-3234
- Poly(amidoamine) Dendrimer-Methotrexate Conjugates: The Mechanism of Interaction with Folate Binding Protein Molecular Pharmaceutics 2014 11 4049-4058