Bachelor of Science
Centre College, Danville, Kentucky, 2001
Masters of Science
University of Michigan, 2003
About this team member
College: Centre College, Danville, Kentucky; graduated with a B.S. in Chemistry in June 2001
As an undergraduate, Dan did research in the summer of 2001 in polymer synthesis from natural materials under Dr. Pavel Krasutsky. He was a member of the IGERT program at Michigan. Through that program, he spent the summer of 2002 at the University of South Australia doing research in hydrosilylation chemistry.
- Formation of Mixed Monolayers of Silsesquioxanes and Alkylsilanes on Gold. Langmuir 2006 22 9619-9622.
- Octylgermane on Gold: Synthesis, Oxidation, and Pattern Formation. Langmuir 2004 20 11422-11427.
- Monolayer Pattern Evolution via Substrate Strain-Mediated Spinodal Decomposition. Phys. Rev. Lett. 2004 93 116104
- Oxidation of Alkylsilane-based Monolayers on Gold. Langmuir 2004 20 9636-9645.
- Dynamic In Situ Characterization of Novel Substrate-Mediated Organic Monolayer Pattern Formation, K. Langmuir 2004 20 1258-1268.
- The Case of the Disappearing Monolayer: Alkylsilane Monolayer Formation, Oxidation, and Subsequent Transparency to Scanning Tunneling Microscopy, K. Chemphyschem 2003 10 1111-1114.
- The Effect of Surface Reconstruction on Molecular Chemisorption: A Scanning Tunneling Microscopy Study of H8Si8O12 Clusters on Au(111) 23 ´ Ö 3. Langmuir 2002 18 8116-8122.