B.Sc in Chemical Engineering 2014
Kermanshah University of Technology (KUT)
M.Sc in Separation Processes 2016
University of Kashan
About this team member
Mostafa received his B.Sc in Chemical Engineering (gas treatment) from Kermanshah University of Technology (KUT), Iran, in July 2014. For his M.Sc. research at the University of Kashan, he developed new polymeric membranes, mainly using the PEBAX polymers and nano-oxide materials as filler. He also prepared different functionalized materials for gas separation and used molecular simulation approach to simulated both diffusivity and solubility through polymeric mixed matrix membranes. He has also used molecular simulation to investigate adsorption processes for zeolite and oxide materials.
He began his Ph.D under supervision of Prof. Warren Batchelor and Prof. Mark Banaszak Holl at Monash University, Australia, in Sep. 2018. He will study Cellulose nanofiber composites for wastewater treatment by modification of these materials using the mesoporous oxide materials.
Outside of the lab, he is keen about research, sport and camping outside the city. He also is a fierce fan of movie and cinema.
A general overview of his thesis project is provided by his Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition entry.
Mostafa led a team competing in the James Dyson Design Competition.
He is currently a post-doctoral fellow with Prof. Gil Garnier at BioPRIA.
Publications from B.Sc. and M.Sc work:
- Morteza Asghari*, Amir Hossein Harandizadeh, Mostafa Dehghani, Hossein Riasat Harami, Persian Gulf desalination using air gap membrane distillation: Numerical simulation and theoretical study, Desalination, 374:92-100 · October 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.desal.2015.07.019
- Mostafa Dehghani, Morteza Asghari*, Ahmad Fauzi Ismail, Amir H. Mohammadi, Molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo simulation of the structural properties, diffusion and adsorption of poly (amide-6-b-ethylene oxide)/Faujasite mixed matrix membranes, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 242:404–415 · September 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.molliq.2017.07.034
- Mahdieh Pazirofteh, Mostafa Dehghani*, Saber Niazi, Amir H. Mohammadi, Morteza Asghari, Molecular Dynamics Simulation and Monte Carlo Study of Transport and Structural Properties of PEBA 1657 and 2533 Membranes Modified by Functionalized POSS-PEG Material, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 241:646-653 · September 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.molliq.2017.06.073
- Mostafa Dehghani, Morteza Asghari*, Amir H. Mohammadi, Meisam Mokhtari, Molecular Simulation and Monte Carlo Study of Structural-Transport-Properties of PEBA-MFI Zeolite Mixed Matrix Membranes for CO2, CH4 and N2 Separation, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 103:12-22 · August 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.compchemeng.2017.03.002
- Morteza Asghari*, Mahdi Sheikh, Morteza Afsari, Mostafa Dehghani, Molecular Simulation and Experimental Investigation of Temperature Effect on Chitosan-Nanosilica Supported Mixed Matrix Membranes for Dehydration of Ethanol via Pervaporation, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 246:7-16, November 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.molliq.2017.09.045
- Abdollah Khosravanian, Mostafa Dehghani*, Mahdieh Pazirofteh, Morteza Asghari, Amir H. Mohammadi, Davood Shahsavari, Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics Simulations of the Structural Properties, Diffusion and Adsorption of Hydrogen Molecules through Poly(Benzimidazoles)/Nanoparticle Oxides Composites, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, In Press, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.12.122
- Morteza Asghari*, Mostafa Dehghani, Hossein Riasat Harami, Effects of operating parameters in sweeping gas membrane distillation process: Numerical simulation of Persian Gulf seawater desalination, Journal of Water and Environmental Nanotechnology (JWENT).
- Morteza Asghari*, Mahdi Sheikh, Mostafa Dehghani, Comparison of ZnO nanofillers of different shapes on physical, thermal and gas transport properties of PEBA membrane: experimental testing and molecular simulation, Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology DOI: 10.1002/jctb.5614.
- Photocatalytic Degradation of 1,4-Dioxane and Malachite Green over Zinc Oxide/Cellulose Nanofiber Using UVA/B from Direct Sunlight and a Continuous Flow Reactor ACS Environmetal Science and Technology Water 2022 2 786-797
- ZnO/Cellulose Nanofiber Composites for Sustainable SunlightDriven Dye Degradation ACS Applied Nano Materials 2020 3 10284-10295