About this team member
Stassi DiMaggio was a visiting professor of chemistry at the University of Michigan working with Prof. Banaszak Holl and his colleagues at the Michigan Nanoscience Institute for Medical and Biological Sciences (MNiMBS). Her regular gig is a position at Xavier University in New Orleans as an associate professor of chemistry. Stassi is working on the conjugation of PAMAM dendrimers for basic scientific studies of nanoparticle/membrane interactions as well as developing a new nanotherapeutic for lung cancer.
Stassi’s 2008 ACS Nano paper was featured in the February 2011 ACS Nano Virtual Special Issue on Drug Delivery.
- Generation 3 PAMAM Dendrimer TAMRA Conjugates Containing Precise Dye/Dendrimer Ratios Materials Today Communications 2015 4 86-92
- Characterization of Folic Acid and Poly(amidoamine) Dendrimer Interactions with Folate Binding Protein: A Force-Pulling Study Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2015 119 11506-11512
- Isolation and Characterization of Precise Dye/Dendrimer Ratios Chemistry a European Journal 2014 20 4638-4645
- Design, Synthesis, and Biological Functionality of a Dendrimer-based Modular Drug Delivery Platform Bioconjugate Chemistry 2011 22 679-689
- Cationic Nanoparticles Induce Nanoscale Disruption in Living Cell Plasma Membranes Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2009 113 11179-11185
- Synthesis, Characterization, and In Vitro Testing of Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Targeted Using Folic Acid-Conjugated Dendrimers ACS Nano 2008 2 773-783
- Interaction of Poly(amidoamine) Dendrimers with Survanta Lung Surfactant: The Importance of Lipid Domains Langmuir 2008 24 11003-11008