University of Michigan
About this team member
Sriram received his B.S.E in Biomedical Engineering from Purdue University in December 2010. At Purdue, he worked on the controlled release of biomolecules from silica sol gel thin films on microelectrodes under the guidance of Dr. Kevin Otto. He joined the Banaszak Holl group in Fall 2011. He studied non-viral delivery of nucleic acids and the interaction of polymers with biological membranes using an automated microfluidic patch clamp system and a FRET-labeled oligonucleotide probe. He was a post-doctoral associate and research fellow at Stanford University in the laboratory of Matt Porteus.
He is now an Assistant Professor at the Centre for Gene Therapy at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus Ohio.
- Tailoring dendrimer conjugates for biomedical applications: the impact of altering hydrophobicity Journal of Nanoparticle Research 2018 20 284
- Cationic Polymer Intercalation into the Lipid Membrane Enables Intact Polyplex DNA Escape from Endosomes for Gene Delivery Molecular Pharmaceutics 2016 13 1967-1978
- Role of Cell Membrane-Vector Interactions in Successful Gene Delivery Accounts of Chemical Research 2016 49 1486-1493
- Increase in Dye:Dendrimer Ratio Decreases Cellular Uptake of Neutral Dendrimers in RAW Cells ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering 2016 2 1540-1545
- Fluorophore:Dendrimer Ratio Impacts Cellular Uptake and Intracellular Fluorescence Lifetime Bioconjugate Chemistry 2015 26 304-315
- Quantitative Measurement of Cationic Polymer Vector and Polymer-pDNA Polyplex Intercalation into the Cell Plasma Membrane ACS Nano 2015 9 6097-6109
- Detergent Induction of HEK 293A Cell Membrane Permeability Measured under Quiescent and Superfusion Conditions Using Whole Cell Patch Clamp Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2014 118 2112-2123
- Polyplex Exposure Inhibits Cell Cycle, Increases Inflammatory Response, and Can Cause Protein Expression without Cell Division Molecular Pharmaceutics 2013 10 1306-1317
- Polyplex-Induced Cytosolic Nuclease Activation Leads to Differential Transgene Expression Molecular Pharmaceutics 2013 10 3013-3022
- PAMAM Dendrimers as Quantized Building Blocks for Novel Nanostructures Soft Matter 2013 9 11188-11196