Bachelor of Science
Niagra University, 2009
Doctor of Philosophy
University of Michigan, 2014
About this team member
The focus of my graduate work was the challenges in translational applications of nanoparticle based drug delivery systems. My work focused on applications of poly(amidoamine) (PAMAM) dendrimer, which has vast potential as a platform for targeted and multivalent delivery of drugs and imaging agents. I pioneered a project that developed a gram-scalable method to obtain highly pure generation 5 PAMAM free of large, oligomeric by-products. I also developed dendrimer conjugates with precise numbers of biologically functional ligands to study multivalent effects.
Mallory’s presentation at the 8th International Dendrimer Symposium won the Polymer Chemistry award.
Her Soft Matter paper in 2013 was featured on the cover and is a 2013 “Hot Article”.
Mallory is currently Systems Engineer 3 in the Future Technical Leaders Program at Northrop Grumman Information Systems Division.
Ronny Priefer, Kathryn E. Leach, Todd D. Krauss, Jeanette R. Drapo, Michelle L. Ingalsbe, Mallory A. van Dongen, John C. Cadwalader, Megan A. Baumler, Matthew S. Pinto “Multilayer Film Preparation of PVPh from Aqueous Media” Surface and Coatings Technology, 2008, 202, 6109-6112.
Vincent M. Carroll, Megan A. Baumler, John C. Cadwalader, Jeanette R. Drapo, Michelle L. Ingalsbe, Matthew S. Pinto, Mallory A. van Dongen, Ronny Priefer “Synthesis of Poly(4-vinylphenol) Derivatives and Preparation of Multilayered Films from Aqueous Media” Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering, 2007, 96, 488-489.
Nonscientific interests: Playing hockey, motorcycling, attending sporting events, reading dystopian fiction
- Conjugation Dependent Interaction of Folic Acid with Folate Binding Protein Bioconjugate Chemistry 2017 28 2350-2360
- Substrate-Triggered Exosite Binding: Synergistic Dendrimer/Folic Acid Action for Achieving Specific, Tight-Binding to Folate Binding Protein Biomacromolecules 2016 17 922-927
- Oral Absorption Enhancement of Probucol by PEGylated G5 PAMAM Dendrimer Modified Nanoliposomes Molecular Pharmaceutics 2015 12 665-674
- Quantitative Measurement of Cationic Polymer Vector and Polymer-pDNA Polyplex Intercalation into the Cell Plasma Membrane ACS Nano 2015 9 6097-6109
- G5-PEG PAMAM dendrimer incorporating nanostructured lipid carriers enhance oral bioavailability and plasma lipid-lowering effect of probucol Journal of Controlled Release 2015 210 160-168
- G5 PAMAM dendrimer versus liposome: A comparison study on the in vitro transepithelial transport and in vivo oral absorption of simvastatin Nanomedicine - Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine 2015 11 1141-1151
- Isolation and Characterization of Precise Dye/Dendrimer Ratios Chemistry a European Journal 2014 20 4638-4645
- Avidity Mechanism of Dendrimer-Folic Acid Conjugates Molecular Pharmaceutics 2014 11 1696-1706
- Diffusion NMR Study of Generation-Five PAMAM Dendrimer Materials Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2014 118 7195-7202
- Multivalent Polymers for Drug Delivery and Imaging: The Challenges of Conjugation Biomacromolecules 2014 15 3215-3234
- Poly(amidoamine) Dendrimer-Methotrexate Conjugates: The Mechanism of Interaction with Folate Binding Protein Molecular Pharmaceutics 2014 11 4049-4058
- The role of caveolin-1 and syndecan-4 in the internalization of PEGylated PAMAM dendrimer polyplexes into myoblast and hepatic cells European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 2014 88 658-663
- Quantitative analysis of generation and branch defects in G5 poly(amidoamine) dendrimer Polymer 2013 54 4126-4133
- PAMAM Dendrimers as Quantized Building Blocks for Novel Nanostructures Soft Matter 2013 9 11188-11196
- Avidity Modulation of Folated-Targeted Multivalent Dendrimers for Evaluating Biophysical Models of Cancer Targeting Nanoparticles ACS Chemical Biology 2013 8 2063-2071
- Best Practices for Purification and Characterization of PAMAM Dendrimer Macromolecules 2012 45 5316-5320
- Efficient in vitro siRNA delivery and Intramuscular Gene Silencing using PEG-Modified PAMAM Dendrimers Molecular Pharmaceutics 2012 9 1812-1821
- Isolation and Characterization of Dendrimers with Precise Numbers of Functional Groups Chemistry a European Journal 2010 10 10675-10678.