BS 2006; MS 2009
Beijing University of Chemical Technology
Doctor of Philosophy 2012
École Centrale Paris
About this team member
Dr. Jing Zhang joined the group as a postdoctoral research fellow in 2018. She obtained her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from the Beijing University of Chemical Technology in 2006 and 2009, respectively. Then, she studied at the École Centrale Paris and obtained her PhD in Materials Science in 2012. She was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Institute of Materials Science of Mulhouse, CNRS (France) in 2014. Then, she moved to Australia and worked as a Research Assistant at the University of New South Wales in 2015. Her research interests include photopolymerisation of biomaterials, polymer nanocomposites and the development of novel photoinitiators under visible light.
Jing’s collaborative work with CSIRO on microplastics captured some headlines on CNN, the Conversation, the Guardian, and the New York Times. It was also featured by the Australian Science Media Centre as one of the top ten stories for 2020.
- Thiol-Ene Photopolymerization under Blue, Green and Red LED Irradiation ChemPhotoChem 2021 5 571-581
- A portable purification system for the rapid removal of microplastics from environmental samples Chemical Engineering Journal 2021 428 132614
- Visible Light-Sensitive Triazine-coated Silica Nanoparticles: A Dual Role Approach to Polymer Nanocomposite Materials with Enhanced Properties ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2021 13 46033-46042
- Microplastic Pollution in Deep-Sea Sediments From the Great Australian Bight Frontiers in Marine Biology 2020 7 576170
- Microwave-Assisted Hydrothermal Decomposition of Super Absorbent Polymers ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2020 8 14504-14510
- Bulk to Nanometer-Scale Infrared Spectroscopy of Pharmaceutical Dry Powder Aerosols Analytical Chemistry 2020 92 8328-8322