Fudan University, 1992
About this team member
Kangzhan received his PhD in 1992 from Fudan University specializing in the use of molecular beams and laser technology to study the dynamics of semiconductor surface reactions. After spending one year as a post-doc with Prof. Ned Green of Brown University studying the energy transfer between gas molecules and solid surfaces, he joined the group to become our soft X-ray photoemission expert. He ran the U8 beamline at the National Synchroton Light Source from 1995 to 2000. He initially worked for a start-up company called Torrex, Inc in Silicon Valley and then for Applied Materials. His papers while in the group focused on studies of the silicon/silicon oxide interface.
Kangzhan died on March 26, 2007. He was a talented, committed scientist and we will miss our valued colleague.
- Reflection-absorption infrared investigation of hydrogenated silicon oxide generated by the thermal decomposition of H8Si8O12 clusters. J. Appl. Phys. 2002 91 9043-9048.
- The Formation of Mixed Layers Derived from Functional Silicon Oxide Clusters on Gold. Langmuir 2001 17 7879
- Self-limiting Chemical Vapor Deposition of an Ultra-thin Silicon Oxide Film. Thin Solid Films 2001 397 78-82.
- The Dynamic Nature of Hydridosilsesquioxane Clusters on Gold Surfaces. Langmuir 2000 16 8396-8403.
- Chemisorption of H8Si8O12 Clusters on Gold via a Novel Si-H Bond Activation. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1999 121 3232-3233.
- Extra-Atomic Relaxation and Core-Level Binding Energy Shifts at Si/SiO2 interfaces: the Effects of Cluster Size on Physical Models. J. Phys. Chem. 1998 102 3930
- The Role of Second-Neighbor Effects in Photoemission: Are Silicon Surfaces and Interfaces Special? Appl. Phys. Lett. 1998 72 46
- The Role of Extra-Atomic Relaxation in Determining Si 2p Binding Energy Shifts at Silicon/Silicon Oxide Interfaces. J. Appl. Phys. 1997 82 2298
- Chloroethane Physisorbed on Hydrogenated Si(111): A Test System for the Evaluation of Core Level XPS Assignment Rules at Si/SiO2 Interfaces. Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1997 446 15
- Soft X-ray Si 2p core-level spectra of H8Si8O12 physisorbed on Si(111)-H: additional experimental evidence regarding the binding energy shift of the HSiO3 fragment. Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1997 446 241
- A New Model Silicon/Silicon Oxide Interface Synthesized from H10Si10O15 and Si(100)-2×1. Japan. J. of Appl. Phys. 1997 36 1622
- Si 2p Core-Level Shifts at the Si(100)-SiO2Interface: An Experimental Study. Phys. Rev. B 1996 54 7686
- An Inquiry Concerning the Principles of Si 2p Core-Level Photoemission Shift Assignments at the Si/SiO 2 Interface. J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 1996 14 2824