We have active research programs in the following areas:
- The development of targeted nanotherapeutic devices and imaging agents for the treatment of diseases such as cancer.
- The use of polymers as vectors for gene therapy and cell transfection with a particular focus on how these polymers, and polymer/DNA polyplexes, cross the cell plasma membrane.
- Characterization of the nanoscale structure of Type I Collagen and the relationship of the structure to disease and drug treatment.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) failure.
- Depolymerization catalysis for controlling full polymer life cycle.
- Polymer composites for improved thermal processing.
- Characterization of material interfaces