Bachelors of Science
Baldwin-Wallace University, 1993
Doctor of Philosophy
Brown University, 1998
About this team member
John, the holder of a prestigious NSF graduate fellowship, joined the group in December of 1993. His research focus was the organometallic chemistry of germanium.
John graduated with his PhD in the summer of 1998 and is now an associate professor of chemistry at Grand Valley State University.
- Synthesis and Reactivity of a Novel Palladium Germylene System. Organometallics 2002 21 5373-5381.
- Intermolecular C-H Insertions and Cyclization Reactions involving a Stable Germylene. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2001 123 982
- Photochemistry of Organometallic Germylenes and Metallacycles. Organometallics 2000 19 1186-1189.
- X-ray Crystallographic and Theoretical Comparison of Ge[2,4,6-(CF 3)3C6H2]22 and Ge[N(SiMe 3)2]2 as Ligands in (Ph3P)2 NiGeX 2Complexes. Organometallics 1999 18 1547-1552.
- Synthesis and Characterization of a Soluble, Highly Branched Organo Silicon-Nitride Polymer. Chem. Mater. 1999 11 154-157.
- Ortho(trifluoromethl)aryl Interaction and Stabilization in Hypervalent Germanium Compounds. Organometallics 1998 17 5166-5171.
- Intermediates in the Catalytic Dehydrogenative Coupling of Aryl Germanes. Chem. Eur. J. 1997 3 1793
- Synthesis and Characterization of Ge[(2,4,6)-(CF3)3C6H2]2, J. Organometallics 1997 16 2743..
- Transition Metal Germylene Complexes as Hydrogenation Catalysts: the Synthesis of a Rare Bisamidegermane. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 1997 36 496..
- Si 2p Core-Level Shifts at the Si(100)-SiO2Interface: An Experimental Study. Phys. Rev. B 1996 54 7686
- An Inquiry Concerning the Principles of Si 2p Core-Level Photoemission Shift Assignments at the Si/SiO 2 Interface. J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 1996 14 2824