Bachelor of Science 1997
Doctor of Philosophy 2002
University of Michigan
About this team member
Ken graduated from Xavier in the spring of 1997. He worked in the area of solid/solid interface structure and reactivity as it relates to the chemistry of computers.
Ken presented his work at the Chicago ACS meeting in August 2001 and then departed in November for a post-doc in the Sibener Lab at the University of Chicago. Ken worked at Cabot Microelectronics in Aurora, IL for 1 year and is now an Assistant Professor of Chemistry at Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago, IL.
- Formation of Mixed Monolayers of Silsesquioxanes and Alkylsilanes on Gold. Langmuir 2006 22 9619-9622.
- Chemical Imaging of Terrace-Based Active Sites on Gold, K. Langmuir 2004 20 2250-2256.
- The differential reactivity of octahydridosilsesquioxane on Si(100)-2×1 and Si(111)-7×7: A comparative experimental study. Ultramicroscopy 2003 97 35-45.
- The Effect of Surface Reconstruction on Molecular Chemisorption: A Scanning Tunneling Microscopy Study of H8Si8O12 Clusters on Au(111) 23 ´ Ö 3. Langmuir 2002 18 8116-8122.
- Investigation of Hydridosilsesquioxane-Based Silicon Oxide Deposition on Si(111)-7´7. Langmuir 2002 18 6233-6241.
- Formation of Alkylsilane Based Monolayers on Gold. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2002 124 6800-6801.
- Reflection-absorption infrared investigation of hydrogenated silicon oxide generated by the thermal decomposition of H8Si8O12 clusters. J. Appl. Phys. 2002 91 9043-9048.
- The Formation of Mixed Layers Derived from Functional Silicon Oxide Clusters on Gold. Langmuir 2001 17 7879
- Self-limiting Chemical Vapor Deposition of an Ultra-thin Silicon Oxide Film. Thin Solid Films 2001 397 78-82.
- A New Infrared and Density Functional Theory Study of Model Silicon/Silicon Oxide Interfaces. Phys. Rev. B. 2001 64 155317
- The Dynamic Nature of Hydridosilsesquioxane Clusters on Gold Surfaces. Langmuir 2000 16 8396-8403.
- H8Si8O12 Clusters on Si(100)-2×1 and Gold: A Comparative Infrared Spectroscopic Study. Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc 1999 567 543-548.
- Chemisorption of H8Si8O12 Clusters on Gold via a Novel Si-H Bond Activation. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1999 121 3232-3233.