Bachelor of Arts
St Olaf, 1997
Doctor of Philosophy
University of Michigan, 2002
About this team member
Karla graduated from the St. Olaf in the spring of 1997 with a B.A in chemistry and math. During her time as a graduate student at Michigan she discovered novel intermolecular CH-insertion reactions and CH-activation reactions using germanium. Karla completed a post-doc with Bill Trogler at UCSD. She currently lives in San Diego.
- Silylene- and Germylene-Mediated C-H Activation: Reaction with Alkanes, Ethers, and Amines Organometallics 2009 28 2744
- Exploring Two Reactions of Ketones with Ge[CH(SiMe3)2]2: CH and OH insertion. Organometallics 2003 22 5054-5063.
- C-H Activation of Ethers and Alkanes by Germylene-Aryl Halide Complexes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2003 125 8986-8987.
- Quick, Efficient Conversion of Phenones to Conjugated Trienes, R. Organometallics 2002 21 457-459.
- Self-limiting Chemical Vapor Deposition of an Ultra-thin Silicon Oxide Film. Thin Solid Films 2001 397 78-82.
- Intermolecular C-H Insertions and Cyclization Reactions involving a Stable Germylene. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2001 123 982